You Are Reading

OUGD601: Context of Practice 3 - Numiko User Test

Today I went back to Numiko to do some user testing for their latest project - goldsmiths university. Having worked at Media City as a note-taker for user tests I had some contextual knowledge about what to expect from the experience. 

This test included eye-tracking technology which was something I have not had any experience with.  I expected the test to include some heat sensitive glasses but the technology was based in a camera form. The website that Numiko have designed was very contemporary and sleek which was interesting for a university like Goldsmiths. The test was based on interactive wireframes but each page was not built which meant that the options and services I would have clicked on the were not visible. As my dissertation is based around UXD I would consider myself and bad candidate for user testing as I have too much knowledge to be objective about the site. One thing I particularly noticed was the information architecture of the site and also the hierarchy of information. I thought that some of the designs were perhaps in the wrong order as I would have wanted information lower down to be higher up in the scale. 


Overall I thought the site was very impressive and modern for the university. I would be happy to return to numiko for more user testing on this site. 

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.