You Are Reading

OUGD601: Context of Practice 3 - Talk with Sainsburys Delivery Man







Today I spoke with a Sainbury's Delivery man about how the online shopping market is increasing. I asked him many questions about his job and how busy he was over the christmas period. Speaking to the delivery man was a great insight into the importance of online shopping and how popular it is becoming. The questions I asked the delivery man were:


1. How many deliveries do you do each day?

2. Are the majority of the deliveries you do in large towns or smaller villages on the outskirts of small towns?

3. How busy are you over the Christmas period?

4. Has there been a rise in the number of online shopping orders?

5. Do you think online shopping will continue to increase?


Answers to the questions:


1. How many deliveries do you do each day?
It varies depending on the day of the week, yesterday (Wednesday) I had 15 deliveries and today (Thursday) I have 8 deliveries.

2. Are the majority of the deliveries you do in large towns or smaller villages on the outskirts of small towns?
I would say it is equal for both towns and smaller towns or villages. But again, it varies depending on the day. 

3. How busy are you over the Christmas period?
They have given me the christmas week off, which has upset some of my regular deliveries because they cannot get fresh food delivered for christmas. (All of the food will go out of date)

4. Has there been a rise in the number of online shopping orders?
Definitely but I still think people need to learn to trust online shopping sites. People still prefer to go into the store and choose their food. 


5. Do you think online shopping will continue to increase?
I would say so, but I don't think online shopping will ever over take supermarket shopping. 


__

Speaking to the delivery man was very insightful into how the people who order online give feedback. I will use this information when working on my practical outcome. 

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.