You Are Reading

OUGD601: Context of Practice 3 - Try Something New

I thought it would be interesting and more challenging for me to try and come up with a new feature to the morrisons website. Morrisons is probably the last in the rankings of the top four supermarkets so it has to try harder to get customers to use their online service.

I propose that Morrisons introduce an online exclusive feature which makes them feel like they are getting a personal experience when visiting the website. This feature would be called Try Something New.


Concept:

Each month one of the Morrisons kitchen chefs will hand pick 2 menus; a meal for two and a meal for the family. These menus use new and exciting ingredients along with some of Morrisons classic products. Users can add these menus to their basket and it will be included in their new delivery.


Design:







I transferred my drawings into Photoshop and came up with a layout that I thought suited the information on the page. I chose to put the 2 menus at the top of the page so that users could simply add them to their trolley without scrolling down the page. I also used a image of the chefs looking directly to camera - this showcases the synthesis within my essay that faces motivate users to click. 


Final page:




Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.